Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Loring AFB UFO Incident - A Senior NCO Speaks Out


Brian Vike's Note: I really do appreciate the information that I have received from ex-serviceman over the Loring AFB UFO Incident.

This gentleman heard a muffled noise around the time the unknown would have been over the base. Although he had not witnessed the unknowns, he certainly heard about it the next morning.

I can't stress enough how important having people who may have some knowledge about the incident write to me with what they know. Who know, maybe one day we can find the answer to what this was flying in the sky's around the AFB.

Brian: I read your piece on Rense.com about the 'Loring, AFB UFO Incident' during late 1975. I was a senior NCO stationed there at the time. My family and I had recently arrived at Loring from overseas. We lived in the officers' section of base housing on Foulois Drive.

I remember the incident very well because of two things: I was assigned to the 42nd Munitions Maintenance Squadron and my birthday was near the end of October!

At any rate, the 42nd MMS was the activity that maintained the weapons storage areas for both conventional and nuclear munitions.

I can't stress this fact too strongly - the nuclear WSA was at a location called East Loring which was about five miles from the main base. In Loring's heyday, East Loring was an annex of the base but by the 70s and later it was largely abandoned except for the WSA.

One night, very late, if my memory serves me, around 0030 or 0100, I heard a hell of a racket. That of a chopper without muffler, moving rapidly and I don't know from which direction and I did not see it, but I do know the muffled sound of a chopper's rotor blades - this thing was on steroids and moving fast.

This is the part that I can't verify but I do not believe Loring had any helicopters assigned to the base. To the best of my knowledge, all they had were the B-52s and KC-135s assigned to the 42nd Bomb Wing and two F-106 Delta Darts there as fighter protection (a fighter squadron detachment).

At any rate, it didn't take me long to go back to sleep but I did go outside and take a look to see if I could spot anything. I did not but recall it was very cold at the time, but no snow yet. The aircraft sounded like a flying Harley Hog, it was so loud. I do not believe a UFO would be heard!

The next morning when I went in to work at MMS one of my friends asked me if I had heard about the 'UFO' that had been spotted over WSA. I said no, but that I had heard a chopper go over base housing at about the same time.

I have always had a theory about this incident but could never find anyone else who thought the same - or just would not say. I do not believe that this was a UFO, that it was a Soviet chopper that had flown in from a sub or trawler parked off the North Atlantic coast.

I believe it was probing our defenses, circled around a while, and left. I think the brass knew this but felt that if it was revealed, it would be a big embarrassment.

Just my thoughts but after all this time, hard to prove.

Thank you to the gentleman for his report. Very interesting to get this information.

If anyone has witnessed the lights/objects, please send me an email with details of what you saw. Please remember to include the date and time and location. (Town/City – State or Province) and as much detail as possible.

Vike Factor Note: I do receive sighting reports from everywhere in the world, and I post all of the reports I receive here: http://the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com/

Brian Vike.
Box 1091
Houston, British Columbia, Canada.

Email: v_factor_paranormal@live.com or b_vike@telus.net

The Vike Factor -  Houston, British Columbia Centre For UFO Research. Canadian UFO Investigator Brian Vike.

No comments: